Why choose Sedgehill Academy Sixth Form?
Studying at our Sixth Form is about much more than spending another two years at school. We are devoted to giving our students an opportunity to explore subjects in greater depth, to discover new talents that they never knew they possessed and to develop skills that they can draw on throughout life. We also know how important it is to give our young people proper advice on all the options they have ahead of them to enable them to make the right choice regarding their next steps.
Sedgehill Sixth Form is growing all the time, we are big on ambition for our students, but we are small enough that we know every student individually so we can provide the best guidance, support and advice.
We're innovative, and dynamic, adapting to the needs of our students and always open to new ideas.
Sixth Form students benefit from:
- Personal statement & UCAS coaching
- State-of-the-art sports, music and drama facilities
- A wide variety of sports, music & extra-curricular clubs
- Regular visiting speakers, trips & workshops
- Student Leadership opportunities
- Peer to peer mentoring programme
Students from Sedgehill Sixth Form have gone on to study a broad range of subjects at a variety of Russell Group and other universities. Successful students in summer 2021 include:
- Shiran, who will be taking up a place at City University of London to study Aeronautical Engineering
- Ornela will also be going to City University to study Law
- Joy who is off to the University of Birmingham to study Law with Criminology
- Sharujan will be studying Maths at Queen Mary’s University of London
- Stefan will be going to Brunel University to study Automotive Engineering
- Imani is going to the University of Leeds to study Journalism
- Lauren who will be studying Spanish & Russian at Queen Mary’s University of London
- Aimee is also going to Queen Mary’s to study English Literature and Creative Writing