Year 7 Admissions September 2022
Any parent(s) wishing to apply to Sedgehill Academy for a place for their child in Year 7 in September must apply via Lewisham Council website here.
We accept applications from students across South London, including Lewisham, Bromley, Greenwich and Southwark. Our Year 7 intake for September 2022 will be 180 students.
Important dates for the admission process for children starting secondary school in September 2022.
- Applications open (apply online): Wednesday 1 September 2021
- Closing date for applications: Sunday 31 October 2021 (we recommend that you submit your online application by Friday 22 October 2021)
- Closing date for supplementary forms (if required) to be returned to the school directly: Sunday 31 October 2021
- Results for online applications: Tuesday1 March 2022 (you will get an email in the evening telling you where your child has been offered a place)
- Deadline for accepting your offer: Tuesday 15 March 2022 (if you applied online, you must accept the offer online – you should keep a record of your login details)
- Closing date for appeals for community schools in the borough: Monday 28 March 2022 (admissions authorities of other schools may set the same or a later deadline)
In Year Applications (Year 7 - 11)
Parents of students who wish to transfer into Sedgehill Academy in Years 8 to 11, or those with a mid-year admission request, should also apply via Lewisham Council's website. Further information on mid-year admissions and how to apply can be found here.
They can be contacted using the details below:
Lewisham Schools Admissions Team
Telephone: 020 8314 8282
Offers of a place at Sedgehill Academy are the responsibility of the London Borough of Lewisham Admissions team.
The academy will consider all applications and will refer to our Admissions Criteria when offering places. This can be found in our Admissions Policy here.
Admissions Criteria for Lewisham schools
Where there is oversubscription, places will be offered to students based on the following criteria:
- A looked-after child or a child who was previously looked after but, immediately after being looked after, became subject to an adoption order (in accordance with the Children Act 2002), child arrangements or a special guardianship order (Sections 8 or 14A of the Children Act 1989).
- Children whose older brother or sister is on the roll of the school on the closing date for applications as well as those whose sibling was a former pupil of the school and who transferred to a 16–18 education provision at the end of the previous academic year.
- Children who live nearest to the school. All distances will be measured to a central nodal point in the school premises, using digital mapping software of the area, from a nodal point in the applicant’s permanent home address. If more than one applicant lives in a multi-occupancy building (e.g. flats), priority will be given to the applicant whose door number is the lowest numerically or alphabetically.
The secondary transfer coordinated scheme continues until the end of the summer term 2021. Applications received for Year 7 beyond the end of the summer term 2021 will be considered as in-year applications.
Waiting lists will be held for the first term of Year 7 only by Lewisham Council. Those with a continuing interest in a place at a school beyond this time will be required to make an in-year application.
Further advice is available from the Lewisham Secondary School Admissions and Appeals team.