Free School Meals
Sedgehill Academy understand the importance of a balanced diet and having a varied menu on offer to encourage pupils to eat healthily. Children who qualify for free school meals have a balance of £2.42 available on their Parentpay account each day to spend on food.
This allowance is automatically added to your child’s account every morning and any remaining balance at the end of the day will unfortunately be lost. However, a meal can be taken at morning, breaktime or at lunchtime.
The dining room offers a variety of hot and cold meals including our grab and go range of pasta pots, panini, sandwiches, and baguettes. This includes Halal and vegan sandwiches and a wide variety of other selections. We also have meal deals available to help support our students stay within budget.
Sandwich Meal Deal - £2.42 – Choice of sandwich, small piece of cake and either a fruit or fruit juice option (served at lunch and break).
Hot Meal Deal - £2.42 – Main Meal (meat or vegetarian options) with dessert of the Day or fruit option (served at lunch).
Applying for Free School Meals
Free School Meal applications are processed directly by Sedgehill Academy.
Your child may be able to get Free School Meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
How does it work?
If you meet the criteria listed above, registering is quick and easy.
You will be required to have the following information to hand:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child's name and date of birth
- School your child is attending/will attend
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering for Free School Meals will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
IF YOUR CHILD IS ALREADY RECEIVING FREE SCHOOL MEALS FROM SEDGEHILL ACADEMY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY.